Here we have one of grandest villas in Reykjavik, Iceland; Oldugata nr. 16. The house is located only 450 meters (1500ft) from the House of Parlament in the city center.
The house is three floors each 160m2 (1700ft2) plus a 40 m2 (430ft2)garage. The land size is 460m2 (4900ft2).
The villa was designed by Iceland´s first German trained architect Mr. Thorleifur Eyjolfsson.
Thorleifur returned home from his studies in 1924 and this house bears the hallmark of German architecture, with influence from Neoclassic and even Art Nouveau.
The first owner was Mr. Gudmundur Jensson, the proprietor of the first modern cinema in Reykjavik.
The house is decorated by murals by the Swedish artist, Greta Bjornsson.
On the outside the house is decorated with rare Obsidian and Iceland Spar, a very rare local stone.
Only two other owners have lived in the house since 1925.